The International Youth Camp «Dialogue» is the Russian leading educational platform on topical issues of building and promoting intercultural dialogue as well as for the interaction of young people from the constituent entities of the Russian Federation, signatory states of the European Cultural Convention, Member States of the Commonwealth of Independent States and UN Member States.
The camp was held for the 11th time, which indicates the relevance of the topics considered within its program and popularity among youth audience. The event brought together 105 participants on its site: 80 participants from 32 subjects of the Russian Federation and 25 participants from 9 foreign countries.
This event is a part of the Action Plan for 2020 for the implementation of the Framework Program on cooperation between the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Russian Federation and the Council of Europe in the field of youth policy and the Action Plan for 2018-2020 for the implementation of the Strategy for International Youth Cooperation of the CIS Member States for the period up to 2020.
The purpose of the camp in 2020 was to facilitate the formation of successful practices for strengthening peace, developing intercultural sensitivity and tolerance in the regions of the Russian Federation through the implementation of regular project activities in this area by regional teams for the development of intercultural dialogue.
- to develop competencies of participants in the field of intercultural dialogue,
- to form an understanding of intercultural dialogue and its value and opportunities for strengthening peace, countering extremism, discrimination and exclusion in modern society,
- to form and prepare for regular activities regional teams for the development of intercultural dialogue, uniting efforts of various institutions and individuals in matters of strengthening peace and developing mutual understanding between peoples as well as in matters of cultural adaptation and preservation of the cultural identity of individual people to conditions of the modern world,
- to identify and consider current problems and challenges on the way to building intercultural dialogue and peace in realities of participants and formulate an agenda for the project work of each region participating in the camp for the development of intercultural dialogue,
- to develop models for the implementation of intercultural development in the territory based on an understanding of the situation, available resources and competence of the intercultural dialogue development team,
- to consolidate efforts and resources to promote intercultural dialogue among youth and promote the implementation of flagship (launching) projects by teams for the development of intercultural dialogue in regions participating in the camp.
The camp program was based on principles and practices of non-formal education. It was held over five working days from 9:00 to 19:00 – the afternoon part, from 20:00 to 22:00 – the evening part. The program included various methods that allow to study the topic of intercultural dialogue from different points of view better. During the camp participants worked as a part of regional teams, the purpose of which was to develop a flagship project to promote intercultural issues in their territory. Each working day consisted of two blocks: mastering the knowledge part based on methods of non-formal education (3 hours) and developing a team project based on the acquired knowledge (3 hours). The evening part of the program involved intercultural interaction of teams aimed at developing specific intercultural competencies: the ability to create motivation for mutual understanding and dialogue of cultures, the ability to express and represent culture in the public space, the ability to build processes of mutual enrichment of cultures, mediation of complex situations in the process of building an intercultural dialogue, etc.
On the last day regional teams defended developed projects. 16 projects were presented in the field of building and promoting intercultural dialogue.
Participants: Camp participants were 105 people (80 participants from 32 subjects of the Russian Federation and 25 participants from 9 foreign countries) – leaders of youth and ethno-cultural organizations, leaders of youth projects, youth workers, representatives of youth self-government bodies, representatives of student unions, representatives of the volunteer movement, specialists of state municipal institutions, young professionals and researchers whose activities were directly related to the development of intercultural dialogue.
Results: Regional teams developed and presented 16 projects in the field of building and promoting intercultural dialogue:
- Ethnic youth camp “I! WE! URAL!»,
- Flagship project «Foundation of National Cultures»,
- School of Interethnic Accord «DIPCAMP»;
- Volunteer interregional camp «Open the North»,
- International ethnoforum «ChuMa»,
- A project for adolescents registered with the Commission on Juvenile Affairs «REZONANS»,
- Cycle of international forums for young specialists of the OIS – Tatarstan,
- Intercultural learning clubs for rural youth,
- International Youth Arctic Urban Festival «Inter Arctic»,
- Long-term training course on youth involvement in intercultural dialogue,
- Development of a methodology for conducting an ethno-ecological game in partnership with diasporas and protected areas,
- Adaptation of foreign children of primary school age,
- International educational student accelerator «MOST»,
- Project «OPEN HISTORY»,
- International rural tourist camp «EIDE CAMP»,
- Project «Smart Exchange».
- Место проведенияКалужская область, Российская Федерация
- Дата проведения23.11.2020 - 27.11.2020