The VII Russian-Azerbaijani youth Forum was hold from 22-25 September, 2019 . in St. Petersburg.. The event brought together representatives of the republican, federal and regional youth and student organizations, leaders of youth movements, managers of youth projects, experts and invited guests from the Russian Federation and the Azerbaijan Republic.
The Forum aims to develop youth cooperation between Rusiia and Azerbaijan, create the environment for joint development and implementation of projects and programs, support and strengthening of friendship, cooperation and mutual understanding of the people.
At the opening of the forum, speakers:
- Deputy Minister of of Youth and Sports of Azerbaijan Republic, Intigam Babayev;
- Chairman of the Association of NGOs «National Youth Council of Russia», Grigory Petushkov;
- Referent of the Department of State Youth Policy and Social Projects in the Field of Higher Education of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Russian Federation, Rostislav Voitekhovsky;
- Adviser to the Chairman of the Committee for External Relations of St. Petersburg Ivan Kolpakov;
- Vice-consul of the Consulate General of the Republic of Azerbaijan In St. Petersburg, Rufat Dadashov Rafig oglu;
- YIPA CIS Executive Secretary, Margarita Safarova;
- Deputy Chairman of the National Assembly of Youth Organizations of the Republic of Azerbaijan, Emin Babayev;
- Executive Director of the Azerbaijan national cultural autonomy of Saint Petersburg, Rashada Orujova.
Anatoly Iksanov, Executive Director of the Intergovernmental Foundation for Educational, Scientific and Cultural Cooperation of the CIS also delivered a welcome message.
The program of the event features section meetings “International Projects for Creative Development of the Youth. Propaganda of Culture and Inter-Cultural Dialogue”; “Business for the Youth. Social Entrepreneurship”; “Informal Education and the Role of the Youth NGOs/NPOs in the Development of the Field”; “Sustainable Development Goals”; “Modern Mediaspace”.
It is expected that the participants of section meetings will elaborate joint proposals for the development of Russian-Azerbaijani youth cooperation.
After the finish of the working part of the program, the participants of the event got acquainted with the activities of the Center for urban volunteers of St. Petersburg and the youth space “PROSTO”, which is one of the main city platforms of the Committee on youth policy and interaction with public organizations, created as a territory for effective self-realization of youth.
Organizers: the Association of NGOs of National Youth Council of Russia and MIREA – Russian Technological University is the basic organization of the CIS member States for working with youth with support from Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Russian Federation, the Committee for External Relations of St. Petersburg
Partners of the event from the Republic of Azerbaijan: The Ministry of Youth and Sports of Azerbaijan Republic and National Assembly of Youth Organizations of the Republic of Azerbaijan