On November 12, the Forum of Russian and Tajik Youth “Cooperation for Security” will be held in Dushanbe and it will become a platform for a dialogue between foreign affairs experts.
Maintaining stability and providing security in Central Asian are major topics for cooperation between the countries of Central Asia and Russia. Russia and Tajikistan have similar positions in the field of regional and global security and they cooperate in a bilateral format and within the framework of SCO and CSTO. Both countries face common regional threats. That is why it is important to continue the dialogue aimed at finding forms and methods of maintaining stability in the region. Undergraduate, graduate and post-graduate students, young instructors from Russia and Tajikistan were participants of that platform.
With a welcome speech at the opening of the international forum made:
- Ambassador of the Russian Federation to the Republic of Tajikistan, Igor Lyakin-Frolov;
- Department head of Administration office President The Russian Federation on interregional and cultural ties with foreign countries, A. Vlasov
- Head of the Rossotrudnichestvo representative office In the Republic of Tajikistan, M. Vozhdaev;
- Deputy Executive Director of the branch of Lomonosov Moscow state University in Dushanbe, M. Abdukarimov;
- First Deputy Director of The Center for Strategic Studies under the President of the Republic of Tajikistan, Z. Mahsood.
The speakers noted that the topic of security is particularly important in the modern community. This problem can only be solved in a complex, affecting different areas. They stressed that youth cooperation is an important part of friendly relations between the countries, and the theme of maintaining stability and ensuring security in the Central Asian region is the main one in cooperation between the Central Asian countries and Russia.
Activities of the programme:
- Round table on the role of integration mechanisms in addressing security issues;
- Lecture “The Big Game in Central Asia: History and Modernity”;
- Training “Zørna from spit: methods of working with information for young researchers and journalists”;
- Interactive conversation “Mechanisms to counter extremist ideology in the youth environment.”
Organizers of the forum are Information and Analytics Center under Lomonosov Moscow State University in collaboration with National Youth Council of Russia and Center for Geopolitical Studies “Berlek-Yedinstvo” with the support of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of Russia. The Alexander Gorchakov Public Diplomacy Fund has become a partner of the event.