On 12 – 15 February 2019, the annual Forum of youth organizations of the Commonwealth of Independent States tooke place in Moskow, Russia
The objective оf the event is development of international youth cooperation in the CIS in order to reveal the creative, educational, social, and spiritual and moral potential of the young generation, consolidate the youth social movement, and strengthen friendship, mutual understanding, and interaction among the peoples of the CIS member States
The forum brought together representatives of federal, republican and regional youth social organizations, leaders of youth movements, heads of youth projects of the Republic of Azerbaijan, the Republic of Armenia, the Republic of Belarus, the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Kyrgyz Republic, the Republic of Moldova, the Russian Federation, the Republic of Tajikistan and the Republic of Uzbekistan.
The opening ceremony of the session was addressed by:
- Chair of the CIS Advisory Board on Youth Affairs, Chairperson of the Association of Public Organizations “National Council of Youth and Children Associations of Russia” Grigory Petushkov;
- Chair of the Committee of the State Duma of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation on Issues of Nationalities Ildar Gilmutdinov;
- Deputy Director of the Department of Coordination of Higher Education Establishments of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Russian Federation Vitaliy Grishkin;
- Head of the Directorate for Youth Projects and Programs of the Federal Agency for Youth Affairs Grigoriy Gurov;
- Director of the Department for Humanitarian Cooperation, General Political and Social Problems of the CIS Executive Committee Alexey Sazonov;
- Member of the Committee of the State Duma of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation on Issues of the Commonwealth of Independent States and Contacts with Fellow Countryman Irek Zinnurov,
- Member of the Youth CIS Interparliamentary Assembly, Member of the Committee of the State Duma of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation on Physical Culture, Sport and Youth Affairs Natalia Kuvshinova;
- Executive Secretary of the Youth CIS Interparliamentary Assembly Margarita Safarova and representatives of youth-led NGOs of the Russian Federation.
- Chairman of the Russian youth Union Pavel krasnorutsky;
- First Deputy Chairman of the Central Council of the Russian Union of rural youth Dmitry Pekurovsky;
- Head of the all-Russian student body of rescuers Yevgeny Kozeyev;
- Chairman of the Coordinating Council of the Global Alumni Alliance Russian-Univesity Vladimir Cheniy;
- Chairman of the Association of Youth Disabled Organizations Yuri Bausov.
Representatives of federal, republican and regional organizations, leaders of youth movements and executives of youth projects from the Republic Azerbaijan, the Republic of Armenia, the Republic of Belarus, the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Kyrgyz Republic, the Republic of Moldova, the Russian Federation, the Republic of Tajikistan and the Republic of Uzbekistan take part in the Forum
Working areas of the Congress:
- The Role of Young People in Achieving Goals of Sustainable Development in the CIS
- The Preservation and Developing the Heritage of the Peoples of the CIS ( The section dedicated to the 75th anniversary of the Victory in the Great Patriotic War 1941 – 1945)
- The Role of Youth in Digital Agenda
The Forum was organised by the National Youth Council of Russia and MIREA – Russian Technological University is the basic organization of the CIS member States for working with youth.
Partners of the forum: Youth Parliament in the Russian Federation State Duma; The State Central Museum of Contemporary History of Russia; Federal movement of clubs in the digital economy DIGITAL; Agency for Strategic Initiatives.
The Forum of CIS Youth Organizations is an annual event aimed at the development of international youth cooperation in the CIS Member Nations. It is held in accordance with the 2018-2020 Action Plan on the Implementation of the Strategy for CIS International Youth Cooperation until 2020.
The next forum will be held in the Republic of Azerbaijan in 2020 based on the decision of the Council for youth Affairs of the CIS member States on November 15, 2019.