The Initial training seminar of the Long-term training course for youth trainers from the Russian Federation involved in educational activities with young people based on non-formal education was held ftom 22 to 29 November 2019 in Moscow.
This activity is a part of the Action Plan of the 2014-2019 Framework Programme on cooperation between the Council of Europe and the Russian Federation in the field of youth policy.
A long-term training course for non-formal education trainers in the field of youth work is a comprehensive project for the development of competencies of participants, which combines various forms and methods of work for personal and professional development, as well as an opportunity to implement the practical experience of participants, which will take place during the period from November 2019 to October 2020.
The aim of the Long-term training course is to improve the quality of educational activities in the field of youth work in the Russian Federation, through extending the network of trainers with the necessary competences for such work, sharing the principles and values of non-formal.
The objectives of the training course are as follows:
to learn about the history and values of non-formal education, as it is broadcast in the youth Department of the Council of Europe;
to consider the principles of non-formal education and its role in shaping the competencies of young people as active participants in the process of building a democratic society;
- to examine the participants realities in terms of the link between non-formal education, youth work and youth policy;
- to consider the criteria and standards for the quality of youth activities based on non-formal education, and their impact on the quality of youth work;
- to update the forms of activities based on non-formal education and their use in various contexts;
- to familiarize participants with the COMPASS training manual (a guide to human rights education for young people) and how to use IT in a local context;
- to study the main stages of development and implementation of educational activities based on needs: goal-objectives-methods-assessment;
- to review the key competencies of the youth coach of non-formal education and assist participants in forming their plans for the development of these competencies;
- to study the thematic areas of cooperation between the Council of Europe and the Russian Federation in the field of youth policy and their promotion through youth work and non-formal education in Russia;
- to assist participants in developing project ideas for youth events (projects) in the field of non-formal education on the topics presented in the COMPASS.
The participants was Representatives of youth public organizations, participants in informal youth associations, employees of youth centers and youth trainers. There was only 31 persons.
In the framework of the Initial seminar, the participants got acquainted with the principles and approaches of non-formal education and the differences between this and other types of training; discussed the important issue of the relationship between non-formal education, youth work and youth policy in the Russian Federation, how this helps to build the competencies of young people as active participants in the process of making socially significant decisions; analyzed the main competencies of the youth trainer and started developing personal forms of self-esteem and development; began to develop their own educational projects and activities that will be implemented in 2020 for the youth of their regions, with the support of their organizations and institutions.
After the Initial seminar, participants will continue the learning process through online training. Online training will take place through the Council of Europe training platform and will be aimed at further developing the participants ‘ competencies. In the online phase, several thematic training modules/blocks with individual and group tasks are planned. They will be offered approximately once every 1.5 months.
One of the key components of the course is the possibility of practical application of knowledge and skills. As part of the training course, participants will be able to implement their own educational activities, taking into account the principles and approaches in the field of non-formal education. The practical phase will be held from March to September 2020.
Two more face-to-face training seminars will be held in 2020: the mid-term meeting in March in the Russian Federation and the evaluation consolidation training seminar in October at the European Youth Centre in Strasbourg, France. This stage is designed to assess the degree of training of participants and consolidate the experience gained in the framework of the training course. It will include elements of introspection and evaluation, discussion of practice, further planning of training after the end of the training course.
LocationРоссия (г. Москва)
Event date23.11.2019 - 29.11.2019