From 9 to 10 December 2019, the European youth center in Strasbourg hosted an international training seminar for young people on the preservation of historical memory in Europe ” Memory and lessons of the Second world war»
This event is part of the action Plan for 2019 for the implementation of the framework program for cooperation between the Council of Europe and the Russian Federation in the field of youth policy.
The purpose of this seminar in 2019 is to involve young people in a dialogue on preserving the historical memory of the Second world war, and to help improve the quality of youth projects to preserve the historical memory of the Second world war. Make proposals for organizing events in 2020 in connection with the 75th anniversary of the end of world war II (both in terms of content and methodology).
The participants of the seminar were 28 people – experts from the Russian Federation and other member states of the Council of Europe, with pedagogical experience in the field of education aimed at preserving historical memory, as well as leaders of youth organizations with experience in this area.
- Participants discussed practices and shared experiences of events for young people to preserve the historical memory of World War II;
- Participants reviewed educational activities in the field of historical memory among young people, their relevance, lessons learned and areas for improvement;
- They proposed fundamental principles for events to preserve historical memory among young people;
- They made proposals for the organization of events in 2020 on the occasion of the 75th anniversary of the end of World War II (both in content and methodology).
- LocationГермания (г. Страсбург)
- Event date07.12.2019 - 11.12.2019