The Russian-German youth cooperation is carried out in in accordance with the Agreement between the Government of the Russian Federation and the Government of the Federal Republic of Germany on December, 21, 2004.
One of the priority areas of implementation of the Agreement is the holding of youth exchanges within the framework of ties between the born cities and regions of Russia and Germany.
Cooperation between cities and regions is an important component of Russian-German relations. At the same time – due to the tension in high political circles and the process of ageing of important players within the framework of the partnership of cities for several years – this sphere needs to be constantly intensified.
In 2016, the Russian Coordination Bureau for Youth Exchanges from Germany and the German-Russian youth exchange Fund (Stiftung DRJA) took the initiative to hold a youth forum of partner cities of Russia and Germany.
The concept of the forum assumes its holding in the framework of the Conference of partner cities of Russia and Germany, which is held every 2 years, alternately in Russia and Germany.
The first forum was held from 26 to 30 June 2017 in Krasnodar as part of the XIV Conference of partner cities of Russia and Germany and under the auspices of the Russian-German year of youth exchanges 2016-2017. Due to the fact that the Russian-German Year of regional-municipal partnerships was held in 2017-2018, it was decided to hold the second forum “off the schedule”, under the auspices of this cross-year. The second forum was held from September 30 to October 5, 2018 in Hamburg.
The decision to hold the forum on a regular basis was made at the XIV meeting of the Russian-German Council for youth cooperation.
III Youth forum of partner cities of Russia and Germany ” City in motion: your project is important!» it was held from 21 to 28 June 2019 in Duren under the auspices of the XV Conference of partner cities of Russia and Germany.
Main goal: to activate youth cooperation within the framework of the partnership between Russian and German cities to ensure continuity in the implementation of twinning relations.
They were young people aged 18 to 30 years, United in Russian-German teams representing partner cities (11 teams in total): Arkhangelsk-Emden, Vladimir-Jena, Irkutsk-Pforzheim, Krasnodar-Karlsruhe, Makhachkala-Hatten/Oldenburg, Mytishchi-Duren, Nizhny Novgorod-Essen, Perm-Duisburg, Saint Petersburg-Hamburg, Saint Petersburg-Dresden, Yaroslavl-Hanau, as well as representatives of organizations that promote the development of Russian-German youth cooperation. A total of 74 people.
Within the framework of the forum program, participants got acquainted with the opportunities and priorities for the development of Russian-German youth cooperation, the methodology for conducting bilateral youth projects, developed ideas for joint projects aimed at the development of partner cities, and discussed them with experts from city administrations.
The forum participants also took part in the events of the XV Conference of partner cities of Russia and Germany, held in Duren from 25 to 28 June, including the ceremony of laying flowers at the burial place of 148 Soviet forced laborers in Aachen who died during world war II.
The results of the forum were presented at the closing ceremony of the XV Conference of partner cities of Russia and Germany on June 27.
Project ideas developed by participants of the forum
1. Makhachkala-Oldenburg-creation of a cafe for people with disabilities.
2. Petersburg-Dresden-improving environmental culture (separate garbage collection).
3. Arkhangelsk-Emden-digitalization of tourist routes in Arkhangelsk (QR codes on key cultural sites in 2 languages).
4. Nizhny Novgorod-Essen-creating a community of volunteers from Nizhny Novgorod and Essen to help young people with disabilities in Nizhny Novgorod (socialization).
5. Irkutsk-Pforzheim-creation of the website of the friendship society “Irkutsk-Pforzheim” (attracting young people to the work of the friendship society).
6. Krasnodar-Karlsruhe-a 3-party youth forum with the participation of the youth of the twin cities of Krasnodar-Karlsruhe and Nancy (France).
7. Mytischi-Duren-youth forum in the following areas: environmental education, exchange of experience in working with young people, development of volunteerism and creative festival, with the participation of young people of Mytischi and Duren.
8. Vladimir-Jena-media project (promotion of youth exchange between Vladimir and Jena through a Youtube channel, social networknetworks for attracting young people to partner cities).
9. Perm-Duisburg-attracting the youth of Perm and Duisburg to the work of local authorities through landscaping and cleaning of the city’s territories.
10. Yaroslavl-Hanau-media project (creating a minifilm about youth exchange and showing it at the short film festival in Hanau to attract young people to the work of the Yaroslavl-Hanau society).
11. Petersburg-Dresden-project in the field of culture of historical memory (master classes, discussions, visits to museums).
- LocationФРГ (г. Дюрен)
- Event date21.06.2019 - 28.06.2019