The Russian-German youth cooperation is carried out in in accordance with the Agreement between the Government of the Russian Federation and the Government of the Federal Republic of Germany on December, 21, 2004.
The Russian-German Council on youth cooperation was established to implement the Agreement in 2005.
The Council determines the priorities and main directions of bilateral youth cooperation, develops criteria for the effectiveness of carrying out activities on the basis of analysis and exchange of experience.
The Council meets alternately in Russia and Germany, at least once a year (2006 – Moscow; 2007 – Stuttgart; 2008 – Nizhny Novgorod; 2009 – Berlin; 2010 – Kazan; 2011 – Hamburg; 2012 – Yekaterinburg; 2013 – Cologne; 2014 – Sochi; 2015 – Munich; 2016 – Kazan; 2017 – Nuremberg; 2018 – Saratov).
Members of the Council are appointed on a parity basis from representatives of State authorities and organizations that promote youth exchanges.
Co-chair of the Council from the Russian side is the director of the department of the state youth policy and social projects in the sphere of the highest educations Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation Olga Chernysheva. Co-chair of the Council from the German side is the Director of the Department for Work with Children and Youth of Federal Ministry of Family Affairs, Senior Citizens, Women and Youth of Germany Thomas Tomer.
Traditionally, the agenda of the Council meeting includes the following issues:
- Report of the Russian and German sides on the state of Affairs in the field of youth policy and on the implementation of the intergovernmental Agreement;
- Record on the activities of the coordination offices for youth exchanges for the current year;
- Discussion of key Russian-German youth projects;
- Approval of the Youth and School Exchange Program for next year.
From November 19 to November 22, 2019, the XV meeting of the Russian-German Council in the field of youth cooperation was held in Heidelberg.
The participants was members of the Russian-German Council on Youth Cooperation and representatives of organizations and institutions assisting in the implementation of youth exchanges. There was only 21 persons.
Following the XV meeting of the Russian-German Council for Youth Cooperation, it was decided to develop a long-term strategy for the development of Russian-German youth cooperation with the participation of interested organizers of youth exchanges and youth representatives, as well as to approve the Program of Russian-German Youth and School Exchanges for 2020.
Within the framework of the Russian-German youth and school exchange Program for 2020, the following major joint events are planned:
- Russian-German partner conference of youth exchange organizers “Youth must remember”, dedicated to the 75th anniversary of the end of world war II (may, Berlin);
- Forum of young representatives of local governments of partner cities of Russia and Germany (June, Rostov-on-don);
- III Russian-German partnership fair in the field of professional youth exchange and Russian-German thematic day “Professional youth exchanges” (September, Moscow);
- Russian-German forum of organizers of youth sports exchanges (September, Astrakhan, Elista).
Also during the Council meeting, the Russian student sports Union and the German sports youth Association signed a plan for youth exchanges in the field of mass sports for 2020.
n addition, the Council discussed the current situation in the field of visa support for participants of Russian-German youth and school exchanges. The Council recommended that the Russian coordinating office for youth exchanges with Germany and the German-Russian youth exchange Foundation prepare a joint letter concerning problematic issues in the field of visa support for exchange participants and send it to the foreign ministries with a request to consider this issue in the framework of inter-Ministry consultations on consular issues.
The final Protocol of the XV meeting of the Russian-German Council for youth cooperation was signed on November 21, 2019 by the co-chairs of the Council the director of the department of the state youth policy and social projects in the sphere of the highest educations Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation Olga Chernysheva and the Director of the Department for Work with Children and Youth of Federal Ministry of Family Affairs, Senior Citizens, Women and Youth of Germany Thomas Tomer.
- LocationGermany (Heidelberg)
- Event date19.11.2019 - 22.11.2019